Jan 20, 2012

Blessing in Disguise

Last night, I had to stay a little later than usual at work.  I was mentally grumbling to myself about how I wished I was on my way home already.
When I finally did get to leave, I realized staying late was a blessing in disguise. 
My walk to my car was amazing.  I have a bit of a hike to my car (2 miles)--this is by choice, I'm not complaining--so I had time to really appreciate it.
The sky was absolutely stunning.  I felt like I was walking into a sepia tone photograph.  The light was golden and the sky through the trees was breathtaking.  Then it went from golden to orangeish pink.
I wished I had my camera with me, but somehow I don't think a photo would have done it justice.

It's times like this that remind me to thank God--a) for His artistry and b) that I recognized it.
I know there are plenty of times when I don't notice.  I can't imagine all the cool things I've missed in my rushing around.  But once in awhile, I get thrown off track and hugely rewarded.

3 comments:

Mom said...

That was really beautiful. I couls almost see it . Mom

Oonie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is beautiful--very peaceful!

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I just did another post about see beauty around me and here you are posting too! I loved this post and you described the sky so lovely!!! I am a NEW follower. :) Thanks for finding me today!