Jan 11, 2017

Feeling Wintry


Once I typed that title, I had to look up to see if that was how you actually spell "wintry".
It is, but the definition surprised me and I have to say, I disagree.
win·try
ˈwint(ə)rē/
adjective
  1. characteristic of winter, especially in feeling or looking very cold and bleak.

    "a wintry landscape"

Bleak?  Not for me.  I love the starkness of winter.  I love how it makes it easier to see the birds in the trees.
I love how the other day, I was able to spot a black squirrel (!!) at the edge of those "bleak" woods.
I love the change from the breathtaking colors of fall and the lushness of summer.





 I love sitting in my cozy studio and peering out at the chilly day.  Thinking about taking a bit of a break and getting out there to walk with the dogs in that briskness.






















The shop has now been updated with all these wintry creations.  : )


No comments: